REX is a growing temperature-controlled vehicle conversion company based in East Sussex. With over 75 years combined experience and knowledge building refrigerated transport, commercial vehicles, and trailers.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our work and thrive on opportunities to design, develop, insulate, and install temperature-controlled units to specialised vehicles. As well as this, we are developing and expanding the specialist work we do. Not only within the transport/commercial sector but within the composite industry.
With our innovative forward thinking and creative abilities and skills, Rex Ltd is recognised as a company that is flexible to the needs of its customers.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Workshop/Fabrication Manager to join our team.
The Workshop/Fabrication Manager is responsible for all activities within the workshop. Reporting to the Director, you will ensure all works are carried out accurately and efficiently to the highest standards, without compromising on quality and safety in the production of vehicle conversions.
Some of the skills involved as a Fabrication/Workshop Manager you will need to.
- Manage the workshop, team and support the director in the continued expansion of Rex Ltd
- Ensure the effective and safe day to day operation of the workshop.
- Liaise with the director to plan, assign, and review the work of workshop employees and delegate where required.
- Carryout quality assurance checks to ensure that all completed works leaving Rex Ltd leave on time and without error.
- Liaise with the Director to ensure drawings/job cards are available for workshop operatives to carry out their assigned tasks and notify them of any errors.
- Manage and ensure all works are compliant and line with Rex Ltd accreditations.
- Manage ensure and maintain a safe working environment, driving a positive attitude when it comes to Health & Safety, including being Covid-19-secure.
- Ensure all items within workshop manufactured to the highest standards, including all panels, grp/laminating, fixtures and fittings and any finishes.
- Liaise with the director to ensure all machinery and equipment is properly maintained, tested, and documented in line with legislation and company policies.
- Manage the team to ensure and maintain the workshop building is kept to a good standard and liaise when required with others to organise the necessary materials and repairs of equipment when required.
- Manage the receiving and storing of materials in accordance with Rex Ltd’s polices.
- Ensure all relevant documentation is completed once vehicles are complete.
- Work on a production line including cutting, measuring, drilling materials etc
- Welding, bolting chassis and panels to vehicles.
- Ability to communicate with team, customers, and suppliers.
- Working on various vehicles in the production process
- Working on various projects in the vehicle modification process.
- Honest reliable and hardworking
- General GRP/Laminating work
- Workshop management/managerial experience
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Previous van panelling experience
- Previous experience working on refrigerated vans
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of issues with a proactive can-do attitude.
- Ability to bring fresh ideas to the company supporting the continued growth and expansion of Rex Limited
- Ability to multi-task
- Willingness to learn and keep up to date with products and technical information.
- Thrives in a busy developing environment.
- Attend new equipment and product training – fully paid for by Rex Limited
- Full valid UK driving licence due to the location and manoeuvring vehicles.
Competitive Salary depending on experience
Hours of Work
8am – 5pm Monday – Friday
Weekend work and overtime available
- Pension scheme
- 28 days annual holiday pay
- Company mobile phone
- Bonus Scheme on productivity
- Introduction of new staff bonus
- Referral commission on work received.