REX is a growing temperature controlled vehicle conversion company based in East Sussex. With over 75 years combined experience and knowledge building refrigerated transport, commercial vehicles, and trailers. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work and thrive on opportunities to design, develop and install temperature controlled units to specialised vehicles.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Panel Press Operator/Van Builder to join our team.
The position is aimed at an individual who is willing to learn new skills and potentially find a new career path in manufacturing. Training for this will be provided. If skills and learning is shown an increase in wage will follow.
Some of the skills involved as a Trainee Panel Press Operator/Van Builder you will be involved in;
- Working on a production line including cutting, measuring, drilling materials, prepping materials etc
- Working on various vehicles in the production process
- Working in a manufacturing department, measuring and working from drawings
- Working on various different projects in the vehicle modification process.
- General GRP/Laminating work and panel building.
- Reading and understanding vehicle specifications
- Use of hand tools
- Use of handheld power tools such as saws and sanders.
- Bond preparation
- Basic housekeeping duties
- Correct use of PPE
- Accountability for your own work
- Full UK drivers licence due to the location and manoeuvring vehicles
- You will need to be physically fit as there will be lifting and carrying involved.
- Good housekeeping
- Attention to detail
- An understanding of quality process
- Methodical approach
- Team player
- Good communicator
- Free on-site parking
- Progression within
- Overtime available
- Skills development
- Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday pay
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Competitive salary for role
- Monday to Friday